This board consists of three independent energy metering channels with bidirectional energy measurement using the ADE7758 (Analog Devices) IC. The board includes an ADE7758 24-pin SOIC IC which can communicate with any microcontroller unit to get the energy measurements using SPI protocol. It can measure the energy for up to three single-phase loads or household appliances. The technical specifications of the board are:
- Three independent single-phase energy measurement channels
- The onboard 0.01-ohm shunt resistances can allow current measurements of up to 40 Amps.
- It supports standard SPI communication protocol and can be interfaced with any microcontroller.
- The energy registers can be user programmed.
- Supplies active/reactive/apparent energy, voltage RMS, current RMS, and sampled waveform data
- Two pulse outputs, one for active power and the other selectable between reactive and apparent power with programmable frequency
- Digital power, phase, and RMS offset calibration
- On-chip, user-programmable thresholds for line voltage SAG and overvoltage detections
- An on-chip, digital integrator enables direct interface-to-current sensors with di/dt output
- A PGA in the current channel allows a direct interface to current transformers
Download the user manual of the board here.