The ADE7758 is a high accuracy, 3-phase electrical energy measurement IC with a serial interface and two pulse outputs. The ADE7758 incorporates second-order Σ-Δ ADCs, a digital integrator, reference circuitry, a temperature sensor, and all the signal processing required to perform active, reactive, and apparent energy measurement and RMS calculations.
The ADE7758 is suitable to measure active, reactive, and apparent energy in various 3-phase configurations, such as WYE or DELTA services, with both three and four wires. The ADE7758 provides system calibration features for each phase, that is, RMS offset correction, phase calibration, and power calibration. The APCF logic output gives active power information, and the VARCF logic output provides instantaneous reactive or apparent power information.
- Highly accurate; supports IEC 60687, IEC 61036, IEC 61268, IEC 62053-21, IEC 62053-22, and IEC 62053-23
- Compatible with 3-phase/3-wire, 3-phase/4-wire, and other 3-phase services
- Less than 0.1% active energy error over a dynamic range of 1000 to 1 at 25°C
- Supplies active/reactive/apparent energy, voltage RMS, current RMS, and sampled waveform data
- Two pulse outputs, one for active power and the other selectable between reactive and apparent power with programmable frequency
- Digital power, phase, and RMS offset calibration
- On-chip, user-programmable thresholds for line voltage SAG and overvoltage detections
- An on-chip, digital integrator enables direct interface-to-current sensors with di/dt output
- A PGA in the current channel allows a direct interface to current transformers
- An SPI®-compatible serial interface with IRQ